This competition is open to all South Africans and permanent residents of South Africa with a legitimate Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram profile.
- Toyota SA Motors (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Toyota”) reserves the right to use any details, photos and videos provided in the competition without the expressed written permission of the participants.
- To claim the contest prize, the winner will be required to share their contact details, address, and a copy or picture of their South African ID, passport, driver’s licence, or birth certificate.
- This online competition runs on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and will take place from 6 January 2019 to 17 January 2019.
COMPETITION ENTRY MECHANICS:
- The competition is social media-based and features on the following platforms; Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. The entry requirements differ depending on which of the three platforms entrants decide to use. Entrants can enter on more than one platform, as many times as they would like.
INSTAGRAM – The competition can be entered on Instagram by means of one of the following:
- Showing support for Toyota Gazoo Racing SA’s #TeamHilux by posting any message of support on one’s Instagram Feed or Instagram Story, and using #TEAMHILUX. Using the hashtag is what makes the entrant eligible to win a Giniel de Villiers Noddlehead.
- Asking Giniel de Villiers a question in an Instagram Story, or by sending a Direct Message question to the @ToyotaSA Instagram account.
FACEBOOK - The competition can be entered on Facebook by means of one of the following:
- Entrants must respond to a Toyota Facebook post prompting the community to ask Giniel de Villiers a question of their choice. Responding to the Facebook post with any question for Giniel automatically counts as an entry into the competition to stand a chance to win a Giniel de Villiers Noddlehead figurine.
- Showing support for Toyota Gazoo Racing SA’s Team Hilux by posting any message of support on the Toyota SA Facebook page, or tagging Toyota SA in their personal Facebook posts. Support can also be shown by commenting on any Dakar post on the Toyota SA Facebook page. Every message of support in comment or post form, must use #TEAMHILUX in order to be eligible to win a Giniel de Villiers Noddlehead.
TWITTER - The competition can be entered on Twitter by doing the following:
- Showing support for Toyota Gazoo Racing SA’s Team Hilux by tweeting any message of support on Twitter. Posts must use #TEAMHILUX in order to be eligible to win a Giniel de Villiers Noddlehead.
A total of 130 entrants will be selected as winners of the Giniel de Villiers Noddlehead by means of a random draw.
THE PRIZE IS INCLUSIVE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Each winner is selected in a random draw which will take place between 18 and 25 January 2019.
- Each winner will receive 1 x Giniel Noddlehead.
- Results of the competition will be communicated to winners directly via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (the choice of platform will be determined by which of the three platforms the winner used to enter the competition).
- Winners will be contacted by 8 February 2019, and will be required to supply their contact details and address in order for prizes to be delivered to them. Additionally, winners are required to supply a copy or picture of their South African ID, passport, driver’s licence, or birth certificate.
- Should a winner not respond with their required details within 48 hours, they will automatically forfeit their prize, and substitute winners will be selected.
- Toyota reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries.
- The prize (1 x Giniel Noddlehead) is not transferable or upgradable and is not exchangeable for cash.
General Terms and Conditions:
- By entering this online competition, all participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law, and is not offered outside South Africa.
- Toyota reserves the right to disqualify incomplete online entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost for any reason whatsoever, whether due to inaccessibility of any of the platforms via internet, network disruption, network congestion, malicious virus attack, unauthorised data hacking, data corruption and server hardware failure or otherwise. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- All entries must be completed online by the 17th of January 2019 at 23:59.
- Nothing on email, or on any other website of Toyota, or entrant’s use of the services or products related hereto, shall be construed as conferring any licence or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Toyota or its subsidiaries or affiliates or any third party, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise.
- Toyota and/or its agent shall be licensed to evaluate all contest-related submissions for the purposes of the contest, including verification and judging as specified in these terms and conditions. The software and programming code and media relating to the Instagram or Facebook platform, and contest-related communication, is protected by the applicable laws of copyright, trademark, patent, unfair competition and other proprietary laws.
- Toyota’s decisions shall be final in all matters relating to the draw and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Toyota reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without prior notice. An entrant shall be deemed to have notice of any such amendments or interpretations upon publication of the same on the website page and shall be deemed to have accepted such amendments or interpretations by virtue of their continued participation in the promotion. Should an entrant not wish to continue to participate in the promotion pursuant to the prevailing terms and conditions as amended or interpreted, they may terminate participation in the promotion upon written notice to Toyota.
- Toyota reserves the right to modify the competition or disqualify any entrant/contestant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the competition as determined by Toyota, in its sole discretion.
- Toyota reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
- Toyota may in its absolute discretion extend any time limit or waive any of the Terms and Conditions where a person might otherwise be disqualified.
- The promoter is Toyota South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd, Stand 1, Wesco Park. Old Pretoria Main Road, Sandton, 2146.