Join #TeamHilux and stand a chance to win
Join #TeamHilux by sending your messages of support to the Toyota Gazoo Racing South Africa team. The best messages will find their way onto the legendary Toyota Gazoo Racing South Africa Dakar vehicle.
Stand a chance to win exclusive Dakar merchandise by proudly declaring that you are a part of #TeamHilux.
Show your support on Social Media as follows:
Post your support message on the Toyota SA Facebook page using the #TeamHilux hashtag;
Post a message of support on Twitter using the #TeamHilux hashtag and tag @ToyotaSA;
Or post a picture of your favourite Toyota Hilux with a support message on Instagram using #TeamHilux and tag @toyota_sa. Tweet
This is #TeamHilux
Being part of #TeamHilux is about being part of something big. Something special. Something tougher-er. So if you own a Hilux, or even just support the team riding the tougherest race in the world, then you’re one of us.
Watch #TeamHilux take on Dakar 2018, 6-20th January, live on SuperSport.
Because if it's tougher-er, its #TeamHilux.
Terms and Conditions
#TeamHilux 2017 Competition
Competition entry mechanics:
- This competition runs from the 9th of October to 24th of November 2017.
- The competition requires participants to join #TeamHilux by posting their messages of support for the Toyota Gazoo Racing South Africa Dakar team using the #TeamHilux hashtag as the identifier on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The campaign page, http://www.teamhilux.co.za, also allows participants to post their support messages to these specific social media platforms using buttons provided on the page.
- To enter via Facebook, post your support message on the Toyota SA Facebook page, https://web.facebook.com/toyotasouthafrica/, using the #TeamHilux hashtag.
- To enter via Twitter, post a message of support on Twitter using the #TeamHilux hashtag and tag @ToyotaSA, the official Toyota SA Twitter handle.
- To enter via Instagram, post a picture of your favourite Toyota Hilux with a support message on Instagram using the #TeamHilux hashtag and tag @toyota_sa, the official Toyota SA Instagram handle.
- To enter via Instagram, participants are required to post their message of support with the promotional hashtag #TeamHilux on their profile.
- Toyota reserves the right to adapt the mechanics of the competition as deemed necessary.
- Each participant can enter as many times as they like provided they are not a robot.
- There will be a total of 20 (twenty) finalists drawn by means of a random draw who will all win Toyota merchandise hampers.
- The best messages of support out of the top 20 finalists will be featured with the supporter name on the Toyota Gazoo Racing South Africa Dakar vehicle. Winners will be selected by an audited panel of judges.
- The results of the competition will be communicated on Facebook in the week commencing 4th of December 2017.
- Winners will be requested to send a direct message detailing his/her full names, email address and contact details.
- In the event that any winner does not respond within 48 hours of notification, or cannot take the prize, a new winner will be drawn.
- Toyota reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries.
- Prizes are not transferable and is not exchangeable for cash.
General Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is open to all South Africans and permanent residents of South Africa aged 18 years and older.
- Toyota South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “Toyota”) reserves the right to use any details provided in the competition without the expressed written permission of the participants.
- To claim the competition prize, the winner must produce their valid South African identity book, passport and/or South African driver’s licence.
- By entering this online competition, all participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law, and is not offered outside South Africa.
- All entries must be completed online by the 24th of November 2017 at 23:59.
- Toyota reserves the right to disqualify incomplete entries. No responsibility will be accepted for online entries lost for any reason whatsoever, whether due to inaccessibility of the site due to internet connectivity, network disruption, network congestion, malicious virus attack, unauthorised data hacking, data corruption and server hardware failure or otherwise. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Nothing on email, or on any other website of Toyota, or entrant’s use of the services or products related hereto, shall be construed as conferring any license or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Toyota or its subsidiaries or affiliates or any third party, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise.
- Toyota and/or its agent shall be licensed to evaluate all contest-related submissions for the purposes of the contest, including verification and judging and as specified in these Terms and Conditions. The software and programming code and media relating to the website or Facebook and Twitter page and contest-related communication is protected by the applicable laws of copyright, trademark, patent, unfair competition and other proprietary laws.
- Toyota’s decisions shall be final in all matters relating to the draw and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Toyota reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. An entrant shall be deemed to have notice of any such amendments or interpretations upon publication of the same on the website page and shall be deemed to have accepted such amendments or interpretations by virtue of his/her continued participation in the promotion. Should an entrant not wish to continue to participate in the promotion pursuant to the prevailing Terms and Conditions as amended or interpreted, he/she may terminate participation in the promotion upon written notice to Toyota.
- Toyota reserves the right to modify the competition or disqualify any entrant/contestant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the competition as determined by Toyota, in its sole discretion.
- Toyota reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
- Toyota may in its absolute discretion extend any time limit or waive any of the Terms and Conditions where a person might otherwise be disqualified.
- Toyota may in its absolute discretion substitute the prize deemed to an appropriate replacement value in the place of the prize.
- All entries become the property of Toyota, and such material may be used for future promotional and marketing activities.
- Toyota reserves the right to use any photographs, videos or stories submitted into the competition without the expressed written permission of the participants.
- Toyota may use the photographs, videos or stories in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by Toyota, including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, social media etc.
- By entering into the competition, a person who does not wish to have their image or story distributed should make their wishes known to the page administrators, and/or contact Toyota, in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. Toyota will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence.
- The promoter is Toyota South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd, Stand 1, Wesco Park. Old Pretoria Main Road, Sandton, 2146.